How Local SEO Services Work
Share this Article
Marketers across the country are finding that the use of SEO in their business is becoming more significant every year. It’s no secret that traditional print advertising budgets for small business are taking a back door to online marketing through search engines and social media.
This study from MarketingDive.com showed that 81% of marketers saw their SEO bring more effectiveness to their marketing goals and business generation efforts. SEO is a great way to capture local attention in your marketplace. It is also a considerable way to build your business and brand. Good solid content that has been optimized can stay around for years, bringing your business online traffic with long-term residual value.
While producing SEO may seem quite laborious in the beginning, the prospective results are worth it. Building up a blog or website that answers client questions and provides useful information will have staying power that will work for you without having to spend millions of dollars.
Why Local SEO Matters?
If SEO is important to your business, Local SEO is paramount to building a solid local online presence. A new study on Think with Google, reported that 30% of mobile searches are related to location and 76% of people that do a local search on a mobile device visit that store or business within 1 day. Additionally, 28% of those searches result in a purchase. This shows that ranking high in a local search should be an important factor for your business!
It is also noteworthy to remember that contribution helps to gain trust and people will appreciate the information you share with them. So it makes sense to produce local content, content that is valuable to those living within your community and surrounding areas.
The challenge to producing local SEO content is relevancy. Google is the largest and most popular search engine and it wants to give those searching for information the best match possible, as quickly as possible. It uses an ever-changing algorithm to help determine what the searcher is looking for. Simply put, you should generate content that answers questions to help users reach a more informed decision to do business with your company.
Hiring a Local SEO Company
I often tell my clients that it’s a full-time job to stay on top of SEO and another full-time job to implement it. If you want your business to be a leader in local online search and other digital marketing channels, you may want to hire a Local SEO company. Having someone do the work for you will allow you to work on other parts of your business. Make sure you are hiring the right company. There are a lot of agencies out there that promise unbelievable results for hundreds or thousands of dollars without delivering results. They should have proof that they have what it takes to drive more online traffic and sales for your business.
Key Things to Consider When Hiring a Local Seo Company:
- How Will They Increase Your Rankings?– A good local SEO company should be able to tell you exactly what they are going to do to increase your rankings. You want to hire a company that has a solid and proven plan to increase traffic using whitehat techniques. A Google penalty can harm your business for months or even years.
- Can They Show You Results? – If an agency is stating that they have many customers ranking at the top of search engines, get proof. Ask for the business names and contacts and call those contacts to make sure they are current clients of company you are considering. Perform a Google search yourself and see if these companies do really come up as a top search on Google.
- How will they measure their Effectiveness? – The local SEO company you hire should have plans in place as to how they will measure what is working and what they are doing to get you the results you want. These may include increased rankings for certain terms, increased traffic to the site, increased contact and lead form completion and an overall increase in business.
- Will You Retain Full Access to Your Account? – Many SEO companies will make changes that leave their clients without access to their own accounts. It is important that you keep this access in case you need to make changes. You don’t want to leave the current SEO company only to lose access to all the work you have paid for.
Invest in Paid Search, Local Pack and Organic
A complete campaign involves all areas of search results. The more real estate you own on the search result page, the more likely you will get the click through. Perform a search for any popular local service like plumber, dentist or chiropractor. If you find a search result for a business that occupies all three sections, chances are they are engaged in a Local SEO Campaign.
Search result layouts changes often because Google is always experimenting with their search engine result pages (SERP) to deliver the best user experience. You’ll notice lately that Google’s ads occupy more real estate, and the local maps section is limited to only three listings! Below that 3-pack, you’ll find organic results which still get a significant percentage of the clicks.
Here is a Quick Summary on Each Component:
- Paid Search – This can help you get faster results. You can target specific keywords and phrases, demographics, locations, retarget to existing visitors on your website and email lists, create display ads on specific websites within the Google Display Network and use many other creative ways to reach your audience. Ongoing analysis and optimization are critical for any paid search campaign. Otherwise, you may quickly find that you are overpaying and getting poor results.
- Local SEO – This is the process by which a local business strategizes to get found in search results based on geography. It’s the highest converting of the three due to the user intent when searching locally. There are many working components to getting ranked locally that involve: directory management, reputation management, on page optimization, link building, and other local optimization techniques.
- Organic SEO – Most local businesses will rank organically in addition to the local pack. If you operate a service business outside of your city, you may have to create geo targeted pages that are relevant to those locations without being spammy or creating doorway pages that will get you in trouble with Google. A practice for many businesses is to produce pertinent content (written, video, audio, etc) that will help your business be recognized as an authority and expert in your field. There are hundreds of factors that will help your business rank and get traffic. Think of it as a popularity contest for your website and social channels. Just be sure to obtain that popularity naturally or “organically”.
Average Cost and Pricing Structures of Local SEO
The cost of local SEO services will vary depending on the amount of service you are getting and the level of expertise you receive. You will find that many companies provide different packages so that you can choose the right package for your needs. These companies may also charge a one-time setup fee.
Local SEO pricing can be charged in many different ways. You may pay an hourly fee, monthly fee, single project fee, performance-based fee or a la carte. A la carte is where you pick exactly what you want. Here is a quick look at the advantages and disadvantages of each type of package.
A recent study by Bright Local reveals that the average local business customer pays $1358 per month and the median cost is between $500 to $1000 per month. This study also found that there are still a number of small businesses only willing to pay $500 or less. What is disturbing about this is the limited resources a typical agency can apply to such a project at the going rate of $100 per hour. Our finding at Foxxr is that executing our arsenal of strategies to be successful would require a minimum of 10 hours per month.
- Monthly Fee – the most common pricing model for most companies and is a great way to set it and forget it with a trusted company.
- Hourly – Using a provider that charges an hourly fee means that nothing is connected to results and you may end up paying more for very little results.
- Single Project Fees – great if you are looking to pay one lump sum. You may end up paying too much for services you don’t need and there is no flexibility to change things as you go.
- Performance Based Projects – this means that you pay for results and nothing else. This can push the provider to use competitive search terms that will end up costing you a lot of money. It can also
- A La Carte – allows you to pick what you need at the price you need. Many companies offer this in a monthly package style, allowing you to choose the right package for your needs. The disadvantage to this can be that you may not choose the right package and may never learn about the different SEO tactics that can explode your business.
Company Size and Local SEO Pricing
The size of your company will influence how much you pay for Local SEO. It also makes a different as to how much you can afford to put into SEO to help grow your business. Here are some guidelines as to what you can expect to pay.
- Small Business – Many small businesses pay from $500 – $1500 a month on their Local SEO marketing costs. You will want to find a company that can provide you with the highest quality work and options to provide extra services, which benefit your business. Small businesses often do best when using Local SEO as they are trying to grow a local following.
- Medium Sized Business – Medium sized businesses will pay between $1000 – $5000 a month. Local SEO can help medium-sized businesses build on their already established presence in a town or city. These are usually multi-location brands in highly competitive markets.
- Large Business – Large businesses can find themselves paying at least $5000 a month for Local SEO. These may be large national or international companies that are looking to gain trust in new markets and keep their brands in front of people.
Like any good service, price does matter. As a business owner, you need to stay within a budget. However, choosing the cheapest provider isn’t always the best option. You may go for the cheapest provider and end up wasting money because they are not providing the service your business needs. They may not have the right skill level to help you build your business.
When you think about how much you pay on other sources of marketing and what they add to your business, SEO can be a very smart investment. The U.S Small Business Administration suggests using 7 to 8 percent of your gross revenue on marketing. Using your marketing budget on Local SEO Services could see your business grow quickly in your local space.
Services Included with Local SEO
When you pay for Local SEO services they should at the least include some basics, look for the following when choosing a package:
You should expect to see much similar services included in the Local SEO pricing packages when choosing an agency. Be sure to compare packages to make the best choice for your company and your budget.
Local SEO and Your Business
Local SEO offers a significant advantage when it comes to building your brand and company. It provides a way for you to build trust through reputation management and favor throughout your community.
Getting Local SEO right is important. If you don’t know what you are doing, you may spend wasted time writing blogs and updating your website just to find you are not getting the traffic you expected. If you are looking forward to building a local presence with your prospective and future clients, hiring a Local SEO company is a smart move.
The team at Foxxr specializes in Local SEO that will build your brand and your business. We offer a range of packages to fit your company’s needs. Ask us our results for small businesses in the St. Petersburg area and start seeing the same results in your business.Get a Quote Now
Share this Article