Do you sometimes feel like the Internet knows what you are thinking? That whenever you are thinking about that pair of shoes you were researching on Amazon, they follow you around on different websites as an advertisement. It’s as if Google can read your mind.
Actually, it’s Google retargeting you with ads from a previous website you visited. This feature, available for Google Ads users, is called remarketing. It’s an effective way to re-engage your website visitors that don’t take action or quality for a cross-sell or up-sell. For our digital marketing clients, it’s often the first campaign we set up in Google Ads.
What is Remarketing?
If your marketing plan includes a website (which most should), then remarketing should be part of your online marketing strategy. It’s perhaps the most cost-effective method to keep your brand, products, and services on the minds of others. If your product or service has a lengthy sales cycle (like a $15,000 home HVAC system), a remarketing campaign may influence a potential buyer that has visited your website and now sees your brand and HVAC system across the internet.
Types of Remarketing:
- Social Media Remarketing –Similar in concept and setup, but your ad displays on social media networks.
- Search Remarketing – you can a custom campaign for people who have previously visited your site, and tailor your bids and ads to these visitors when they’re searching on Google.
- Email Remarketing –for email clients like Gmail. You can remarket to ads within an individual’s email client.
Why You Should Use Remarketing:
- Reach more people when they are more likely to make a purchase – Remarketing allows you to reach people that have visited your website and with timely touch points to drive your customers back to your page when they are most engaged.
- Tailor lists for various advertising goals – Google Ads allow you to tailor each remarketing campaign for different advertising goals. For example, you can create a list of “checkout abandoners” for people who left your website while checking out without making a purchase. Depending on your list, you can implement various strategies to attract them back to your website.
- Unparalleled reach – Your targeted visitors will see your ad no matter what website they are visiting as long as the website is part of the Google Ad network. We are talking about millions of websites that can show your ad. No other method of advertising gives you this much reach.
- Total control – Remarketing lets you choose what ads get shown to a specific person at any time of day in a specific website. This level of advertisement customization will give you all the freedom you need to create a campaign that will suit customers with varying tastes.
If you want to know more about remarketing or Google Ads, contact the experts at Foxxr . We can help you create a well-rounded advertising campaign that can incorporate best practices for paid online advertising. Read More About The Consumer Decision Making Process in 2019